Friday, November 20, 2009

Michelle Van Eimeren's mountain top wedding

AUSTRALIA - Former Miss Australia Michelle Van Eimeren will literally feel like she’s on top of the world when she marries boyfriend Mark Murrow at 3 p.m. this Saturday.

The ceremony will be held at the summit of Wollongong’s Mt Keira. The mountain is 464 meters high and boasts expansive views of the Pacific Ocean and rainforests.

Ex-husband Ogie Alcasid and girlfriend Regine Velasquez arrived from the Philippines yesterday to attend the event.

As early as June, the Philippine Entertainment Portal reported Van Eimeren had already purchased her wedding gown. Alcasid, who will walk down the aisle as a groomsman, told ABS-CBN he will wear a tuxedo. “Sila ang nagpagawa. I haven’t tried it on yet,” Alcasid said upon arrival at the Sydney International Airport. Velasquez will be wearing her own dress as she sings the wedding march, “I Love You So”.

Van Eimeren, who now works as a wedding planner in Richardson, New South Wales, appeared to be attending to all the last minute details herself.

“Later I have to go to the venue to deliver flowers!” she said.

Velasquez, once rumored to be the reason for the break up of Van Eimeren and Alcasid, says she’s eager to help. “She’s been very busy so hopefully I’ll be able to help somehow,” she said. She says she and Van Eimeren are “like sisters” now.

ABS-CBN contacted Van Eimeren a day before the wedding to find out if she would consider giving an interview. The news team didn’t want to steal footage and risk upsetting the bride-to-be, so it sought Van Eimeren’s permission.

“Oh you’re not upsetting me at all!” Van Eimeren seemed happy and upbeat and said, “I’ll talk to you. I don’t want to let anyone down. I just can’t talk right now because I have to go to my eldest daughter’s High School orientation. But I’ll call you back later.”

Minutes later, it was ex-husband Alcasid who rang to say Michelle would not be giving any interviews. “We’re from GMA. You know how it is. If we give you an interview, GMA will give us a hard time.” When it was pointed out that Van Eimeren is not a talent of the rival network, Alcasid turned to Van Eimeren and asked what she wanted to do. Van Eimeren told Alcasid, “I don’t want to let anyone down. But you’re my family, it’s up to you.” Alcasid then told ABS-CBN, “If it’s up to me, then the answer is no.”

Alcasid did not respond to ABS-CBN’s comment that if GMA wanted to cover the wedding, it would have sent a crew to Australia.

No comments: