Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fil-Am actor makes it to 'Hawaii Five-0'

MANILA, Philippines - Another Filipino makes it big in Hollywood.

Filipino-American Mark Dacascos plays Wo Fat in the hit US TV series Hawaii Five-0, a remake of the popular 70's TV show.

Aside from the series, Mark also joined Dancing with the Stars, and is more popularly known as The Chairman in Iron Chef America.

Mark says that although he still has not met his family here in the Philippines, he hopes to get in touch with his Filipino roots soon.

"My father is Filipino. We have family somewhere in the Philippines. I was born in Hawaii so, unfortunately, I haven't connected with them yet but hopefully I will someday. But my aunt and uncle, they dance Filipino dances, they were professional dancers. My father teaches martial arts, arnis, eskrima and kali," he said.

No comments: