Friday, August 5, 2011

Evans confident of beating Ortiz

MANILA, Philippines – Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans is confident that he will defeat Tito Ortiz in the upcoming UFC 133 event.

"I'm confident no matter where the fight goes, I'm gonna destroy him," Evans told UFC.com.

Evans and Ortiz will fight in the main event of UFC 133, a rematch of their 1st bout in UFC 73, which ended in a draw.

"It's been a long time, and I actually gave up on the hope that this match-up may happen again," Evans said. "But fate has shown me differently, and I'm very excited and pleased that Tito Ortiz stepped up so we can have this fight."

Evans, who was the winner of The Ultimate Fighter season 2, believes that he has the advantage over Ortiz.

"I'm much faster than him. As long as I keep my movement, keep using my speed, he should be a couple of steps behind me," he said.

Evans holds a 20-1-1 win-loss-draw record and is coming off victories over Thiago Silva and Quinton Jackson.

"He's making a mistake when he steps into the cage with me," Evans said. "There is no doubt in my mind that I will defeat Tito Ortiz."

No comments: