Saturday, March 21, 2009

Body Talk with Kim Chiu


In the three years since she emerged as the top “graduate” of the Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) Teen Edition, Kim Chiu’s life has been turned upside-down in a positive way.

“No more privacy, pero okey lang,” said Kim, a Cebuana, who is now on her third ABS-CBN soap, Tayong Dalawa (after Sana Maulit Muli and My Girl), all with Gerald Anderson as her partner (and in two movies, too, Star Cinema’s I’ve Fallen For You and an episode in the Regal long-running, box-office-hit franchise Shake, Rattle & Roll).

Of the three soaps, Kim said she finds Tayong Dalawa the hardest to do because it is her “most mature role” so far and it involves a lot of emotions, including crying in most of her scenes.

“But I can cry easily,” said Kim who draws inspiration from her sad experiences, such as the trauma of having been left father-less at an early age. Asked if she has made peace with her estranged father, Kim sounded sad. “We’re okay but he doesn’t live with us anymore; I don’t think he will live with us again. He lives with his other family in Cebu.”

At 19 (on April 19), Kim is the breadwinner in the family (her mother and four siblings, three of whom are in school and one already working).

“Since I joined showbiz, I have become responsible. Para akong tatay at nanay ng family. That’s why I am focused on my work,” she added with a laugh. “No love life!”

Which means that she and Gerald may look such a handsome pair in soaps and movies — and even in their commercials together for Whisper, Coke and CloseUp — but that’s all make-believe. Kim goes solo in the new Enervon commercial.

“We are friends lang talaga,” Kim admitted, “but we are not committed to each other. He can go out on dates with other girls. Walang ‘Yes, tayo na!’ We just enjoy each other’s company.”

Kim has gained one inch after she joined showbiz. She now stands 5’5” but is much too light at 98 lbs. (“So I’m trying to gain weight”) and wears small-size shirt and size-5 shoes.

With your busy schedule, do you get enough sleep?

“Oftentimes, around four hours. But I do try to get as much as eight hours when there’s not much work.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“I wash my face kasi if I sleep with make-up on, nagkaka-pimples ako.”

And the first thing that you do when you wake up?

“I take a bath. I have to rush because I don’t want to be late on the set.”

Do you snore?

“Sometimes...when I’m very tired.”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“Yes daw, sabi ng yaya ko who sleeps with me in my room. I’m afraid kasi of being alone; takot ako sa dilim.”

Who do you call when you talk in your sleep, Gerald?

“Ay, hindi! My yaya said tinatanong ko daw kung ano ang sequence treatment.”

Do you sleepwalk?

“No, I don’t.”

How many pillows do you sleep with?

“Marami! I don’t want any space baka may tumabi sa akin. Hehehehe!

Favorite sleep wear?

“Loose T-shirt and short shorts.”

Do you have time to work out?

“Yes, during my free time. I do it at Fitness First. I have a trainer.”

What part of your body needs improvement?

“My arms and my upper body. No matter how much I eat, hindi lumalaki ang arms ko, so dinadaan ko na lang sa workout para magkalaman.”

What part is most vulnerable?

“My legs. Mahina ang puwersa ng legs ko.”

And what part of your body is your favorite?

“My arms kasi naiikut-ikot ko siya... kahit maliit siya.”

What part naman of a guy’s body do you notice first?

“His eyes.”

What is it about a guy that turns you off?

“‘Yung medyo mataba at ‘yung medyo may amoy.”

What kind of diet do you follow?

“Hindi ako nagda-diet. Ang payat ko na nga, eh! But I don’t usually eat breakfast. Basta, ayoko lang. But I take lunch — rice and viand. My favorites are kare-kare and eggplant. But I don’t eat chicken and seafoods kasi allergic ako dyan. I eat dinner only when the viand is okay; kapag hindi masarap ang ulam, wala akong gana mag-dinner. For snacks, sandwiches which I bring as baon to the set.

How much water do you take per day?

“Lots of water. If I crave for soda, I take Coke.”

What vitamins do you take?

“Enervon-C. It has everything. I also take iron kasi low blood daw ako.”

Are you afraid of the sun like most girls?

“Yes, I am. If I stay in the sun, I get tanned easily; mabilis ako maging negra. Okey lang sana kung maging mestiza ako pero hindi, eh. Hehehehe!”

How do you take care of your skin?

“I get a body scrub; I apply lotion morning and night.”

Are you vain like most girls?

“Not so much. But I take time fixing myself. Hirap mag-choose kung anong damit ang isusuot!”

What’s your outlook in life?

“Masayahin ako. Teka, mukha akong masaya because I know how to hide my problems.”

How do you cope with stress?

“I sleep. I watch DVDs. Nagpapahangin sa labas. Nag-iisip-isip ng mga bagay-bagay.”

Favorite city?

“Hong Kong dahil maraming shopping places. And Baguio dahil malamig.”

Name three of your crushes.

“John Prats. Piolo Pascual. Sam Milby.”

Gerald not included?

“Siempre kasama siya sa listahan.”

Using only body language, how would you make a guy know that you admire him?

“Nagpapa-cute ako sa kanya. You know, if a guy sends me a text message, I would text back — kung type ko siya. Kung hindi, sorry na lang siya!”

No comments: